Who is JIGZ?!

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Welcome to my BLOG! Im Jigz currently living in Salford in Manchester, studying Design For Digital Media (D4DM) at The University Of Salford. Im a graphic design enthusiast and it is what i specialize in :D, my main area's are Branding and Re-Branding, but i am flexible in different areas. | Come find me on Twitter - @26jigz | E-Mail - jignesh.lad26@gmail.com | Skype Jigz26 and Jigz262 | Enjoy!!!

Thursday 31 May 2012

Dissertation | UR Voice: Poster campaign

*/ Art work update /*


Right this has been long awaited since I had started this project, the purpose for this was that we was given an option for our dissertation to do on of the following:


1. A full 8-9000 word essay on our chosen subject
2. 30 mins presentation and 5-6000 word essay
3. An Art piece followed by a 3-4000 word essay


So I had chose to go down the route of doing option 3.


My topic for the dissertation was 'Does graffiti and protesting give a voice to the public?'. I had chose this because the recent and previous stories in the media about countries going into the recession, going to war and other political issues that are going on.


As well as these stories coming there is always some kind of protest, graffiti or opinion pointed out through letters, posters and over social media platforms. This is what had caught my eye into the topic which is is their/our voice heard by the government or any other high authorities.


Where my project had differed was that I had gone out to ask the public them selves what they feel about the things that surround them that are dealt by the government. 


As spoke about in my previous post about my dissertation (http://alturl.com/3ev5j) they had come up with a lot points that they thought that had effected them if not themselves but also those around them they don't even know.


After gathering the feedback I had selected a few to then place them into a poster with a photo of the person holding up their views. (the following people did give me their consent to use their photos for my project)




Posters:


The point of having the environment that they are in included in the image was to show off their characteristics and what kind of vibe it has within the place they are in. Some of these are taken through out of Manchester City Center and some are done in the Affleck's Palace and around the Northern Quarter. 


By the way the colours that are set on these posters are not of those that are done in print for some reason they have come out a lot darker on computer sorry!




























On the left and right are the final out comes of the posters and the tones of the actual images are done to set the tone that the campaign is serious as well as the messages are serious and should be taken into consideration.


The type face I had used was custom because the nature of the campaign mainly revolve around the do's, dont's, money and right from wrong soo that's why the interrogation of the numbers and symbols have been done.


For the final out com of the poster here is an example on how they would look if they where placed into an ad shell in the city center:






Sorry for this being a blagh of a post but on a serious note this is something important to consider when it comes to what you may think the future will/would be like if the voice of the public is not put into consideration. We have a right to choose what kind of world we live in and I think like the rest of the people I have spoke to we should be able to have the right to air this.


I would like to thank again those who had helped out through this project which are named in the last post and also the following: 


@alimkarmali / http://whole-meal-bread.blogspot.com/
@ThreeSixtyDave / @MaquinaMusic
@mslowhitney
@Molliehaq
@LeoniHarry12
Jake - http://www.youtube.com/ArcaneIllusions



Thank you for taking your time to have a look at this post and I hope you have enjoyed it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment